In late 2018 Sunrun committed to deliver 100 megawatts of solar to residents of multifamily affordable housing and frontline communities by 2030. We knew this unprecedented commitment to clean energy equity, access and environmental justice would require bold action to fulfill.
Sunrun is proud to say that as of today, in partnership with our customers, vendors, finance partners, SOMAH/MASH program administrators, site staff and residents, we have:
- Signed 505 contracts with 46 affordable housing development partners.
- Turned on 102 projects that currently deliver clean energy credits to over nine thousand affordable households.
- Started construction on an additional 62 projects that will be turned on in the first half of 2022 that will deliver clean energy credits to an additional six thousand affordable households.
- Permitted an additional 138 projects that will start construction in 2022; with an operational goal to start a new project every day in the month of March.
- Started survey, design and development of an additional 203 projects that will be constructed in 2022 and 2023.
These achievements are the result of product development that began in 2017 and a massive investment into this market. Sunrun is the nation’s leader in solar on multifamily affordable housing. Based on the early success of this investment, Sunrun increased its commitment to 500 megawatts nationwide, and we plan to reach our commitments well ahead of schedule. Sunrun remains committed to the continued development of these projects and programs and to continue to lead the way for green energy access and equity for all.
For more information on Sunrun’s Multifamily Housing Projects, visit: https://multifamily.sunrun.com/